Saturday, September 18, 2010

employment



yesterday i got a job.  i haven't worked outside of the house for five years, so this will be a little new.  luckily, i will be working for a fine jewelry store, so i will be working with something i love.  i can't wear--or even talk about--my jewelry at this shop, so that will be a bit strange for me. 

i am slightly wary of giving up the vast amounts of free time i have now, but i look forward to a schedule, a routine.  i am intrigued by the simple idea of having a job to do and having to do it.  in all of the time i have been at home, i haven't felt as though i have truly accomplished much, and that frustrates me--even though it is my own fault. 

and, of course, i like the idea that i will be earning money, contributing to our household, if only in a small way.

i am wondering if (and hoping that) i will be more productive, better able to schedule my time now that it is necessary to do so.

we'll see.

No comments: